Depend on Connected IO to connect your utility infrastructure, city services, or public WiFi.
Smart cities can mean different things to different people, but the key idea is the digital connectivity, typically wireless, of sensors, monitors and controllers to more efficiently manage the responsibilities of City Managers.
Use cases include:
- Networked street lights that report when they’re working and dim or turn on as necessary
- Trash cans that report when they need service
- Parking meters that handle transactions and alert parkers
- Smart irrigation systems that minimize water usage and allow for granular billing encouraging conservation
- Shot monitors that report gunshots to Police
- Incident response backup to City trunked-radio systems.
- Public WiFi
According to IDC, Public Wi-Fi is the most widely deployed Smart City use case. Early public Wi-Fi had little to no security, limited coverage, and poor performance, particularly as multiple users accessed the WiFi network. With Connected IO, cities can deliver:
- Wire-speed performance
- Much larger cell sizes
- WAN redundancy
- End-to-end encryption
- and an overall seamless user experience
Contact Connected IO today to learn how you can deliver on safety, economic development, or sustainability initiatives in your city.